Half of antibiotics goes to livestock. Pharmaceutic companies make billions by selling to agro-farming
Free, in nature, a cow can produce up to 5 liters of milk per day.
But confined by humans, and stuffed with drugs, a cow can produce up to 44 liters per day.
animals killed for food in the US only
700 000/ day
- British send 5000 horses to the slaughterhouse each year. In Canada, it is several hundred of thousands.
- Sometimes as much as 90 000 chickens are in the same warehouse. The battery cages are worse.
- IBP, Kansas, the largest slaughterhouse in the world. 6000 cows killed every day. Trucks arrive all day long like in a vision of the Holocaust.
- Each year in Canada and USA, over 7 billion animals are killed for their flesh. Excluding fish.
In 50 years, human pop. Doubled, but meat consuption 5 times
In 50 years, fish consumption went up by 600% in the U.S
Americans now eat as much chicken in a single day as they did in an entire year in 1930.
The average North American sperm count has dropped over 25% since 1975
The average American has stretched their stomach to 2 or 3 times its normal size.
Type 2 diabetes accounted for 2 to 4 percent of all childhood diabetes before 1992, but skyrocketed to 30 to 50 percent by 2004.
The prevalence of obesity quadrupled in the past 25 years among boys and girls
Currently 15% of the U.S. population. In minority youth, this statistic climbs to 20%.
Agri-business and food processing account for 60% of US oil consumption.
In 2006, 1.5 million Americans died from dietary related diseases at a cost of $800 billion.
- Cholesterol: typical daily dietary intake is 200–300 mg in the United States and societies adopting its dietary patterns.
- A 2007 study pooling data on almost 900,000 subjects in 61 cohorts demonstrated that blood total cholesterol levels have an exponential effect on cardiovascular and total mortality, with the association more pronounced in younger subjects
There is no cholesterol in plant-based foods
Allergies and Diseases
About three million Americans are severely allergic to soy protein, wheat protein, peanut protein and many other products used by farmers to grow their cattles. These animals would normally just eat grass and they are not designed to digest these types of foods. High concentrates of these foods go in milk and meat, humans eating these especially when fetus and kids become allergic.
Foods on the top of the food chain (fish, meat, milk, eggs, etc) contain 80 000 x more toxic products than those at the bottom of the fod chain (plant-based foods: fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, etc)
At least 50 chemicals used in agro-business can cause cancers.
Meat usually contain 15 times more toxic residues than foods of the vegetal kingdom.